Making Sure that Shropshire Parent Carer have Access to the Information they Need
Following speaking to Shropshire parent carers PACC has been working with Shropshire Council and Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group to ensure that Shropshire SEND families have the information they need and have requested. Parent carers have total us that the key information that they need includes;
- How will Shropshire respond to the changes in SEND legislation – what will this mean for my family?
- What school transport provision is available?
- What access is there to community services, such as therapy services, continence services and diagnostic services?
- When will I be expected to send my child to school and how will I know it is safe?
- Where can I ask for help if I am struggling?
In partnership with Shropshire Council PACC is now working to produce a monthly SEND newsletter to provide this information. This involves working with the Shropshire Local Offer, the SEN Team, Early Help Services and local health services to gather responses to the issues raised by families. The responses will reflect national guidance and provide a local perspective. The information will be shared via the Local Offer, PACC networks and other communication routes, to ensure it reaches as many families as possible.
Please keep sharing your questions with PACC. Tell us what information you need and what issues you want to hear more about, so we can respond to these in future newsletter. We aim to have the first newsletter ready by the 22nd May 2020.< Back to News List