Organisations That Can Help
Shropshire Information Advice and Support Service;
Independent service based with the Citizen Advice Shropshire. Supports families and young people with SEND age 0-25 years with issues relating to Education, Health or Social Care.
Telephone number 01743 280019
Shropshire Independent Support;
delivered through Shropshire IASS but specifically offers support and advice to families and young people going through the Education Health and Care Plan process.
Contact details as above.
Autism West Midlands – Shropshire project:
AWM in Shropshire offer the following services;
- Information, advice, training and support for families of children 0-18 with autism and autistic traits
- Training and consultancy support for professionals working with children
- Short break opportunities for children with autism (or children who have autistic traits) and their siblings
- Information, advice and signposting to adults using the Shrewsbury and Telford Adult Autism Hubs
- Outreach support for individuals to develop independent living and to access the community
Telephone number 0121 450 7582 / 0303 03 00 111
Contact A Family;
Contact a Family is a national charity for disabled children and their families. They provide information, advice and support and bring families together so they can support each other. CAF also campaigns to improve the lives of disabled children and their families, and for their right to be included and equal in society.
Contact a Family Helpline - 0808 808 3555
Independent Parental Special Education Advice;
IPSEA provide a number of services including;
- The Information Services is for general legal enquiries and will signpost you to factsheets and resources on our website.
- The Advice Line provides legally based information and next step advice on any educational issue that is the result of your child’s special educational needs or disability. This could include problems with schools, requesting statutory assessment, statements and Education, Health and Care Plans, annual reviews, disability discrimination and exclusion.
- The Tribunal Helpline gives next step advice on appeals and disability discrimination claims to the SEND Tribunal.