Department of Health and social care
Published: 12th April 2022 Consultation closes: 5th July 2022
This discussion paper is asking people:
- how can we all promote positive mental wellbeing? (chapter 1)
- how can we all prevent the onset of mental ill-health? (chapter 2)
- how can we all intervene earlier when people need support with their mental health? (chapter 3)
- how can we improve the quality and effectiveness of treatment for mental health conditions? (chapter 4)
- how can we all support people living with mental health conditions to live well? (chapter 5)
- how can we all improve support for people in crisis? (chapter 6)
Department of Education & Department of Health and Social Care
Published: 29th March 2022 Consultation Closes: 1st July 2022
The review has identified 3 key challenges facing the SEND and alternative provision system.
- Navigating the SEND system and alternative provision is not a positive experience for too many children, young people and their families.
- Outcomes for children and young people with SEND or in alternative provision are consistently worse than their peers across every measure.
- Despite the continuing and unprecedented investment, the system is not financially sustainable.
Published: March 2022 Survey Closes: 31st May 2022
The re inspection is expected to take place from April 2022 and as previously hearing from parent carers about their experience of SEND in Shropshire will be at the heart of the process. In particular it will be useful to hear from families about:
- The effectiveness and quality of EHCP’s in Shropshire
- The experience of autism/ADHD support and assessment in Shropshire
- The experience of speech and language support and assessment in Shropshire
- School based support for SEND pupils and the approach towards supporting inclusion
- How young effectively young people with SEND are supported and prepared for adulthood